WashCo Sheriff’s Office installs permanent prescription drug drop-off box | Community AnnouncementAnnouncement, News — By Christopher Spencer on November 9, 2010 at 5:50 pm
Washington County Sheriff Tim HELDER announces the Washington County Sheriff’s Office has installed a permanent Prescription Drug Drop-Off Box.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office installed a permanent Prescription Drug Drop-Off Box today. The box is located just inside the main entrance of the Sheriff’s Office at 1155 Clydesdale Drive, Fayetteville, AR.
According to the 2008 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), the non-medical use of prescription drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most prevalent category of drug abuse in the United States. The survey also notes that more Americans currently abuse prescription drugs than the number of those abusing cocaine, hallucinogens, and heroin combined. The 2009 Monitoring the Future Survey data show that one in ten 12th graders used the pharmaceutical narcotic Vicodin for non-medical purposes, and the 2008 Partnership Attitude Tracking Survey showed that the majority of teenagers using prescription drugs got them from family and friends, including from their home medicine cabinets. Recent studies have also indicated medications flushed down the toilet may be making their way into our drinking water.
Sheriff HELDER has chosen a proactive stance in the effort to keep unwanted or unused prescription medications off the streets and out of our medicine cabinets by participating in several prescription drug take-back events in the past year. Sheriff HELDER realizes there is a continuous need and wanted to provide a safe, secure and convenient method of disposal for the citizens of Washington County.
For additional information contact Kelly Cantrell at (479) 444-5791, (479) 530-5729 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Washco Sheriff’s Office will have random sobriety checkpoints at 11:12 pm on June 30, 2009
- WashCo Sheriff’s Office offers free child info cards at county fair | Announcement at 11:07 am on August 31, 2011
- Vorady marks first arrest due to WashCo’s new Deadbeat Moms and Dads web page | Press Release at 4:25 pm on August 19, 2009
- Fayetteville Police will collect medication for disposal April 30 | Announcement at 9:23 pm on April 26, 2011
- 10-year-old drowns in south Washington County pond | Police Announcement at 6:07 pm on November 9, 2010
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.