University of Arkansas says no tent city for Snoop DogBanner, News — By Christopher Spencer on October 15, 2010 at 5:20 pm
Citing public safety concerns, UA officials are changing regulations on the spontaneous “tent cities” that pop up from time to time before a big event at the state university.
“These procedures have been put in place in order to ensure the safety, security, and well-being of students, the University community, and the public, as well as safeguarding and preserving all University property and facilities,” University officials said in a press release.
No such tents will be allowed before the Snoop Dogg concert (Oct. 24) and registration is required in order to pop up a shelter before the Oct. 23 Ole Miss Game.
Up to 10 folks can be registered to each tent so long as a tent captain gives officials a name and phone number for contact purposes. Officials will take down a tent that is left unoccupied.
Tents for the coming game can go up at 11:30 that Thursday and must be down by 5:30 a.m. on game day.
- Snoop Dogg headed to the University of Arkansas on Oct. 24 | CF at 10:04 pm on October 5, 2010
- The Dogfather and Ryan Mallett together at last via Twitter | CF at 10:26 am on October 25, 2010
- Helmet giveaway and bicycle ride at 5 p.m. today at Wilson Park | OU Daily Crier for Wednesday, Sept, 22, 2010 at 1:01 pm on September 22, 2010
- Snoop Dog + Buzz Aldrin = Match Made in Space at 1:45 am on June 24, 2009
- Pay-By-Phone goes live today on Dickson Street, week of free parking with sign up at 2:59 am on March 1, 2011
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.