Under new management, Scarpino begins serving lunch March 28Banner, News — By Christopher Spencer on March 15, 2011 at 8:24 pm
Teatro Scarpino will serve an “American fusion”-style lunch beginning March 28,.
In fact, several new offerings – including stand up comedy – will appear at the facility soon as a result of new management.
Richard and Gina Berquist continue to own the business, but Southern Hospitality began managing it March 1.
Fritz Gisler and LeaAnn Van Winkle-Gisler are the owners of Southern Hospitality. They said today that new offerings at Scarpino will compliment rather than rebuild what customers of the business have come to expect.
The interior will remain largely the same, Gisler said. Salsa Night will also continue, though it might at some point be moved from its normal first and third Friday slot.
“March will be a transition month for us,” he said. Private events during lunch and in the evening will be a mainstay, but the new plan for Scarpino includes diverse entertainment as well.
This month Improv comedy Dan’s Party will perform on St. Patrick’s Day. Admission is $5 for those 21 and up. Comedy offerings will become a regular feature in the near future.
- White House makes CEOs pay for lunch at 1:02 pm on July 31, 2009
- Lawrence Plaza ice skating rink extends hours through the holidays | Community Announcement at 12:13 pm on December 9, 2010
- Fayetteville Public Library continues after-school workshops in March | Announcement at 3:30 pm on February 28, 2011
- Arkie expats find Southern solace in NYC’s Brother Jimmy’s BBQ | Cultural Critique at 5:00 pm on December 14, 2009
- Lunch-crowd losses: An interview with Dickson Street restaurateur Neal Crawford about paid parking | Unlicensed Opinion at 7:46 pm on October 18, 2010
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.