TheatreSquared’s Robert Ford nominated for an ‘Edgar’ mystery award | Community AnnouncementAnnouncement, News — By Christopher Spencer on January 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm
The Mystery Writers of America has announced the nominations for the 2011 Edgar Allan Poe Awards, honoring excellence in mystery fiction, non-fiction, television and theater.
Among this year’s three nominees for Best Play is Robert Ford’s The Fall of the House, which had its world premiere at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival in March, 2010 and was performed in staged reading as part of TheatreSquared’s 2011 Arkansas New Play Fest.
The Edgar Award for Best Play has been presented since 1950, with past recipients including Agatha Christie and Ira Levin. The awards ceremony will be held at the organization’s annual gala banquet on April 28 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Manhattan.
TheatreSquared is Northwest Arkansas’s professional theatre company, dedicated to creating exceptional theatre and innovative educational programs.
For more information, visit theatre2.org
- Bob Ford, TheatreSquared artistic director, wins 2010 Porter Fund Literary Prize | Press Release at 10:21 pm on February 28, 2010
- TheatreSquared’s Gala For Education set for Nov. 19 | Community Announcement at 11:31 pm on October 13, 2010
- Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap continues Feb. 18 and 19 at Arts Center of the Ozarks | Community Announcement at 1:33 pm on February 12, 2011
- TheatreSquared announces 2011/2012 lineup, new partnership with Brick House Kafe | Announcement at 2:03 pm on April 15, 2011
- TheatreSquared holds student playwriting contest for 2011 Arkansas New Play Fest | Announcement at 3:19 pm on March 16, 2011
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy