The Poe Show canceled, scholarship founded in wake of actor’s death | AnnouncementAnnouncement, Banner — By Christopher Spencer on May 17, 2011 at 12:11 pm
Following the tragic death of Northwest Arkansas actor Sean Phillip Mabrey, TheatreSquared has canceled the Saturday, May 21 6:30pm staged reading performance of “The Poe Show.”
Sean, who had appeared in the 2010 Arkansas New Play Fest as well as the recent T2 production of Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some), was scheduled to appear in the reading.
Ticket holders for “The Poe Show” will be offered an exchange into any New Play Fest event, and may contact the Walton Arts Center Box Office at (479) 443-5600.
All other New Play Fest readings and events will continue as scheduled.
TheatreSquared, Dan’s Party, and Phunbags Comedy Improv also announced today that all ticket sales from the Improv Showcase at 9:00pm on Saturday, May 21, will benefit Sean’s family.
Sean was a founding member of the Dan’s Party improv troupe.
Tickets for the Improv Showcase ($10) and for the full 2011 Arkansas New Play Fest ($7-10, May 19-22), are available at theatre2.org or by calling the Walton Arts Center Box Office at (479) 443-5600.
[This announcement courtesy of TheatreSquared.]
Arts Live Theatre Sean Phillip Mabrey Memorial Scholarship
According to Facebook today, Mark Landon Smith announced that Arts Live Theatre is establishing a scholarship in memory of Mabrey.
From the post:
Some have expressed a desire to contribute to the newly established Arts Live Theatre Sean Phillip Mabrey Memorial Scholarship. For those who wish to donate to this fund celebrating Sean and his love for the theatre, which will allow students to participate in ALT programming at a reduced rate or free, contact Arts Live Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 479.521.4932.
- Due to demand, TheatreSquared adds more seats and performances to Christmas production | Community Announcement at 10:47 am on December 14, 2010
- *UPDATE* Driver was drunk in accident that killed Sean Mabrey and Kathleen Mellinger, state police say at 9:31 pm on June 28, 2011
- TheatreSquared’s Every Christmas Story Ever Told arrives Dec. 10 – 26 | Community Announcement at 11:59 am on November 16, 2010
- Walton Arts Center and TheatreSquared announce three-year partnership agreement | Press Release at 3:49 am on August 2, 2010
- Arts Live Theatre fall classes begin in September | Announcement at 8:46 pm on August 15, 2011
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.