Should the Fayetteville Convention and Visitors Bureau sell lottery tickets? | OU PollPolls — By Christopher Spencer on November 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm
Should the Fayetteville Convention and Visitors Bureau sell lottery tickets?
- Nope, stick to tourism stuff (41%, 53 Votes)
- Sure, why not. (41%, 52 Votes)
- Huhh? What? Why would I care? (18%, 23 Votes)
Total Voters: 128
The Fayetteville Advertising and Promotion Committee is considering selling lottery tickets at the Fayetteville Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Fayetteville city attorney Kit Williams said that might violate the law for the center to get involved in sales that compete with retail outlets. However, Williams said he speaks only for the city and does not represent the committee.
The committee is seeking the opinion of an attorney or perhaps the Arkansas Attorney General for direction on the matter.
- City considers expanding “Burger Tax” to include college dorms, short-term rentals at 3:09 am on October 25, 2010
- Fayetteville’s A&P gives away $182,850, tables lottery plans at visitors center at 11:33 pm on November 9, 2009
- Fayetteville Mayor Lioneld Jordan calls special city council meeting to address quarry ruling at 1:38 pm on March 22, 2011
- AG Holder to Senators: ‘We Need Not Cower In the Face of This Enemy’ | CF at 3:03 pm on November 18, 2009
- Fayetteville says city council’s denial of sale barn rezoning was reasonable | CF at 10:54 pm on October 30, 2009
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.