Offshoot Film Fest opens Oct. 27, looking for volunteers WednesdayBanner, News — By Submitted Announcements on October 18, 2011 at 8:48 pm
Seedling Film Association (SFA) will host the second annual Offshoot Film Fest– four days of films, education, and fun held October 27 through the 30 in the Global Campus building on the Fayetteville square (2 East Center Street).
The association is also looking for volunteers for the event. A volunteer meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Tim’s Pizza on the Fayetteville Square. All volunteers receive a free Offshoot Weekend Pass worth $35.
The Offshoot Film Fest includes over 120 films from around the globe and brings together an eclectic mix of world-renowned filmmakers and artists, professional arts educators, esteemed members of the community, as well as students and film lovers from across the region.
Individual screening/workshop tickets are $7.00 each and weekend passes are $35.00. Both are available on the website (www.seedlingfilm.com) or at the door.
In addition to the film screenings, many educational opportunities are available to both schools and community members. The majority of educational opportunities will be occurring on Thursday, October 27th and Friday, October 28th.
Schools from around the region have secured their spot to learn from industry professionals. In addition to screening independent films from around the country and around the globe, Seedling Film Association is proud to be screening many Arkansas-made films at Offshoot Film Fest 2011.
Offshoot Film Fest 2011 begins with a day of educational workshops on Thursday, October 27 and the first professional independent film to kick the festival off properly will happen at 7 p.m. with the screening of the film ‘Karaoke Man.’
Offshoot will culminate with the Awards Ceremony at 7 p.m. Sunday October 28th.
More information to come.
- Seedling to host An Affair to Remember gala event Oct. 14 at Matt Miller Studio | Announcement at 10:40 pm on September 23, 2011
- *CLOSED* Offshoot Film Festival sprouts awesomeness for NWA| Five Questions and a Giveaway with Cassie Self of Seedling Film Association at 2:34 pm on September 22, 2010
- Seedling announces Offshoot Film Festival’s movie lineup at 1:55 am on September 24, 2010
- Congrats, Caleb! Seedling Film Association names their 2011 board at 6:01 pm on February 3, 2011
- Seedling Film Association showcases films at Bentonville’s ArtsFest at 1:00 pm on June 7, 2011
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy