No early voting on UA campus because of rental fee | CFClipped Fresh — By Christopher Spencer on March 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm
COMMENT: Northwest Arkansas Newspaper’s Scott Davis reports that, for the second time, plans to provide an early voting location at the UA Randal Tyson Track Center have fallen through. The University of Arkansas wants $200 a day to let the Washington County Election Commission use the space – this would require the commission to pay for space, an unprecedented action.
County Clerk Karen Combs Pritchard wants to expand early voting to the Quorum Court room, but that site is still located within the courthouse. It’s uncertain now whether or not the renovated parking deck will be finished by November – as was originally planned – for the general election.
The committee added a second early voting site in 2008 at the Rodeo of the Ozarks’ Community Building.
- WashCo parking deck ‘dead in the water’ says county administrator at 7:09 pm on January 31, 2010
- The Moneypit: WashCo Parking Deck looking at $2.5 million in added expense | CF at 11:55 am on February 5, 2010
- Shwayze perform at 8 p.m. tonight at UA | OU Daily Crier for Monday, Sept. 27, 2010 at 12:06 pm on September 27, 2010
- WashCo willing to spend at least $2 million more for parking | CF at 2:40 am on February 11, 2010
- Highest school election turn out ever, says Washington County Clerk at 11:50 am on September 16, 2009
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy