Megan’s Songbook – “Do You Love Me” by Nick CaveMegan's Songbook, Songbook — By Christopher Spencer on October 2, 2009 at 11:30 pm
(This week’s Songbook is provided by Fayetteville artist Megan Chapman who works, creates and plays in the Fayetteville Underground. You can see some of her work at meganchapman.com or follow her writing at Megan Chapman’s Studio Blog.)
The opening line of this song “I met her on a night of Fire and Noise” inspired a whole body of paintings and the title of a recent exhibition,”Fire and Noise” I had last spring in Little Rock.
The colors of these paintings were mostly reds and greens, very dark and noisy like this song. This song has so much drama and darkness tied to it, the story just pulls you along into this underworld where perhaps you shouldn’t be roaming alone, but at the same time it feels like home or your favorite dirty shirt. I must have listened to this song thousands of times on repeat while painting that body of work. I was a late Nick Cave convert, but I am a true fan now.
- Megan’s Songbook – “Man-Size Sextet” by PJ Harvey at 11:11 pm on October 4, 2009
- Megan’s Songbook – “Not Even Jail” by Interpol at 9:44 am on September 30, 2009
- Megan’s Songbook – “Maps” by Yeah Yeah Yeah at 11:36 pm on September 30, 2009
- Megan’s Songbook – “Ghosts” by Ladytron at 11:55 pm on October 1, 2009
- Dug’s Songbook – “Let it Be Me” by Ray LaMontagne at 10:40 pm on July 16, 2009
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy