Jon Simpson appointed Bentonville Police Chief | AnnouncementAnnouncement, News — By Christopher Spencer on March 1, 2011 at 4:37 pm
Mayor Bob McCaslin is pleased to announce the appointment of Jon Simpson to the position of Chief of the City of Bentonville’s Police Department. Mr. Simpson has served the Bentonville Police Department in several positions including assignments as a Patrol Officer, Patrol Corporal, Criminal Investigation Division (CID) Corporal, Patrol Sergeant, criminal Investigation Division Sergeant, and most recently as the Criminal Investigation Division Lieutenant.
Mr. Simpson is a lifelong resident of the area and graduated from Bentonville High School in 1984. He is a 1989 graduate of the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. He is a seventeen year veteran of the Bentonville Police Department and graduated from the Arkansas Law Enforcement Basic Training Academy in 1994.
In 1996, Mr. Simpson was named Bentonville Police Department Officer of the Year. He holds a Senior Law Enforcement Certificate through the Arkansas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training and is a graduate of the CJI (Criminal Justice Institute) Standards of Law Enforcement Supervision program (SLES) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) Drug Unit Commander’s Academy (DUCA).
[This announcement courtesy of the City of Bentonville.]
Jon is married to his wife of 15 years and has two young children.
- Bentonville Police Department promotes three | Announcement at 12:32 pm on April 22, 2011
- UPDATED (12.4.09) Fayetteville police officer kills man suspected of Arvest bank robbery | Press Release at 11:10 pm on December 2, 2009
- Fayetteville police dog and handler rank seventh in national competition | Announcement at 11:27 am on April 22, 2011
- Bentonville police say Fastrip Store manager staged robbery with daughter | Police Announcement at 11:11 am on November 17, 2010
- Elm Tree Elementary boy, 9, killed by falling soccer goal | Police Announcement at 11:25 am on January 27, 2011
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.