Hill arrested on charges of negligent homicide in fatal car accidentBanner, News — By Christopher Spencer on August 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm
Dorothy Hill, 40, of Farmington was booked into the Washington County Jail Monday afternoon on charges of negligent homicide. She was released on bail a few minutes later.
Hill is accused of killing area actor Sean Mabrey and Kathleen Mellinger when Hill’s Mazda Miata struck the victims’ vehicle. Hill was driving north on a southbound lane of Interstate 540 near the Wedington exit in Fayetteville, according to state police.
A test from the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory revealed that Hill’s blood alcohol level was 0.19, more than twice the legal drinking limit, Arkansas State Police Trooper Eric Lee said.
Once the lab results were final, the investigation was handed over to Prosecuting Attorney John Threet. His office not immediately available for comment Tuesday.
She was charged with a Class B Felony which carries a sentence of five to 20 years and a fine of no more than $15,000.
[Note: Thanks to diligent reader Laine for catching Hill's booking.]
- Fayetteville police cite Jose’s and Northern Exposure employees for serving to minors | Announcement at 3:43 pm on April 21, 2011
- Employees at The Mellow Mushroom, Friendly Liquor and Maxine’s Tap room furnished liquor to a minor, police said | Police Announcement at 4:47 pm on February 17, 2011
- Employees from five north Fayetteville restaurants cited for giving alcohol to a minor | Announcement at 10:57 pm on September 23, 2011
- Employees at eight Fayetteville businesses cited for unknowingly furnishing alcohol to a minor | Police Announcement at 3:58 pm on April 12, 2011
- Fayetteville police cite thirteen with underage drinking offenses | Announcement at 10:38 am on August 24, 2011