Fayetteville police cite thirteen with underage drinking offenses | AnnouncementAnnouncement, News — By Christopher Spencer on August 24, 2011 at 10:38 am
Fayetteville Police Chief Greg Tabor announced today the Fayetteville Police Department’s continued efforts to reduce underage drinking.
On Friday August 19, 2011, as part of the Enforcing Underage Drinking Laws grant through the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, officers of the Fayetteville Police Department concentrated their efforts on liquor stores checking for underage subjects attempting to purchase alcohol.
Thirteen individuals were cited for twenty three different charges. These charges consisted of Illegal Possession of Alcohol, Minor in Possession of Alcohol, Attempting to Purchase or Otherwise Illegally Obtain Alcohol, Possession of a Fraudulent or Altered Identification Document, Unlawful Use of a Driver’s License and Driving While Intoxicated.
The Fayetteville Police Department treats underage drinking offenses as a priority. The Fayetteville Police Department has actively enforced underage drinking laws in Fayetteville for more than fifteen years. The Fayetteville Police Department will investigate and seek prosecution on those that provide alcohol to minors and randomly check for compliance of those businesses responsible for the sale of alcohol and conduct sting operations in an effort to keep alcohol out of the hands of minors.
[This announcement courtesy of the Fayetteville Police Department.]
- Fayetteville police cite 19 for underage drinking violations | Announcement at 1:52 pm on August 29, 2011
- Sam’s Club and Premiere Liquor employees cited for selling to minors, Fayetteville Police say | Crime Announcement at 4:12 pm on August 30, 2010
- Employees at The Mellow Mushroom, Friendly Liquor and Maxine’s Tap room furnished liquor to a minor, police said | Police Announcement at 4:47 pm on February 17, 2011
- Fayetteville police cite Jose’s and Northern Exposure employees for serving to minors | Announcement at 3:43 pm on April 21, 2011
- Employees from five north Fayetteville restaurants cited for giving alcohol to a minor | Announcement at 10:57 pm on September 23, 2011
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy
You must be logged in to post a comment.