ADG editorial chastises Sen. Lincoln for not obstructing health care reform | CFClipped Fresh — By Christopher Spencer on November 24, 2009 at 10:41 am
COMMENT: Today’s editorial in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette chides Sen. Lincoln for voting to allow debate in the U.S. Senate on health care reform. By casting the decisive 60th vote Saturday, Lincoln makes it possible for the bill to pass with now 51 votes, making her final vote less critical than it was before.
Instead of taking a clear stand for or against this whole developing blob of a health-care bill, she may have waffled her way into political trouble-and evoked the ire, or at least contempt, of the electorate. She may have proven so slick this time she’s outwitted herself.
The ADG does not support health care reform in any of the currently proposed bills and refer to the entire thing derisively as “Obama Care.” Ozarks Unbound has taken an editorial stance in favor of medical care reform with a public option. Any step we take closer to that reality puts the paper’s Glass Office editorialists on the third floor in Little Rock in a tizzy.
- Health care reform + REM = Awesome at 3:00 pm on September 8, 2009
- Obama: I’ve ‘left too much ambiguity’ on health care reform | Clipped Fresh at 10:25 am on September 9, 2009
- Only Vic Snyder, D-Little Rock, voted for health care act | CF at 1:27 am on March 22, 2010
- Pelosi Says She Has the Votes to Pass Health Bill at 10:35 am on July 23, 2009
- YEEAH! Hollerin’ Howard Dean’s on the job at 4:04 pm on August 14, 2009
Leave a Reply
Please play nice in the comments and when in doubt, please consult Our Comment Policy